I always have a rotation of go-to meals.
I’m short on time or didn’t plan out dinner for the night and I’m hungry. That’s when my go-to meal ideas come into play. Sometimes it’s a salad, a hummus potato bowl, and more recently it’s taquitos. There’s not a ton of meals I remake regularly, so I had to share it with you. It’s quick, filling, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
These aren’t just any taquitos, these taquitos are filled with black beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado, and plenty of good spice. Wrapped in a tortilla and baked to crispy perfection.
One of the main criteria for my go-to meals are minimal mess. I don’t want to spend a ton of time cleaning up or using 10 different pans (exaggeration, but you get the idea). For these taquitos, you simply dump everything in a small pan, chop a few vegetables, simmer everything, and you’re just about done!
These do take about 20 minutes to bake so they’re nice and crispy. I usually use the 20 minutes to clean up and it goes by pretty fast. You’ll want to wait the full 20 minutes for them to crisp up because there’s nothing worse than soggy taquitos.
Do you have a favorite salsa? I love serving these with salsa verde or a pico de gallo. And most recently, I’ve really been loving this guacamole salsa. Taquitos are basically a rolled taco, so you can add any of your favorite taco toppings before rolling it up.
Are you going to make these Spicy Bean Taquitos? Be sure to leave a comment with any questions or suggestions, I love hearing your thoughts.
Spicy Bean Taquitos
|Yield: makes 10 taquitos|
filled with black beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado, and plenty of good spice. Wrapped in a tortilla and baked to crispy perfection.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 10 small soft flour or corn tortilla shells
- Optional Toppings:
- shredded lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- salsa, salsa verde
- Combine all ingredients (expect tortilla shells) in a small saucepan. Add 1/3 cup water. Cook over medium heat until mixture is seasoned and water is almost evaporated.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Working one at a time, warm each tortilla shell in the microwave for 15 seconds. (Don't skip this step, you don't want the shells to rip!). Place about 2 tablespoons of bean filling in the center of shell. Fold over ends, place on baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with remaining shells. Spray taquitos with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake taquitos for 20 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through. Remove when crispy.
- Serve with additional cherry tomatoes, salsa, corn, lettuce.
Leave a Reply