No-Bake Fruit Tart. A nutty chocolate crust topped with cinnamon greek yogurt and fruit slightly sweetened with honey. Easy to prepare and ready in under 10 minutes. Perfect for any season and when your short on time!
Usually I save dessert recipes for Thursday so you’ll have something sweet for the weekend! I’m sharing it today because one I didn’t make Thursday’s recipe quite yet (it’s tomorrow’s dinner) and two this can be enjoyed as breakfast or dessert – it would be a great recipe for Friday’s breakfast. The yogurt makes it healthy to eat for breakfast while the addition of honey makes it a great dessert! The crust is sort of made up to be a no-grain granola recipe. It’s crunchy has the slight hint of cocoa, and sweetened with honey.
Most people see the word ‘no-bake’ and think of summer recipes…it’s so much easier to leave your oven off in the summer. Don’t think you have to wait until summer to make this. You can use whatever fruit is in season, which means you can make it any time of the year.
The tart is best assembled right before serving and it’s best to eat the same day too. It will still taste okay the next few days, but the crust might get a little mushy. I recommend assembling it right before eating because the fruit will get slightly discolored (depending on what kind of fruit you use, of course) and it’s so quick to assemble that it can be done anywhere.
If you make this No-Bake Fruit Tart, be sure to comment. I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions!
No-Bake Fruit Tart
|Yield: makes one 9 inch tart|
Easy, quick no bake nut & chocolate crust topped with cinnamon greek yogurt and fruit slightly sweetened with honey.
- For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- For the Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk greek yogurt, unsweetened or vanilla flavored (depending on sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the Fruit:
- 4 cups seasonal fruit, cubed - I used pears, blueberries, cranberries, oranges, pomegranates
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Make the crust: mix everything and press into a 9 inch spring form pan. Place in freezer while you prepare everything else.
- Make Yogurt base: Mix yogurt and cinnamon. For a fluffier texture, whip for several minutes.
- Make fruit mixture: mix all fruit ingredients together.
- Assemble: Remove crust from freezer. Top with yogurt, then top with fruit. Slice & serve.
images & text © North Coast Eats
adapted from How Sweet Eats