Can you believe Memorial Day weekend is just one week away?? In my mind, Memorial Day has always been the official start of summer. Wild, I feel like we went straight from wintery 40 degree days straight to summer weather. Not that I’m complaining or anything! On Pinterest I made a Memorial Day board with tons of food, craft, and decoration ideas. I’d love to hear what y’all are cooking/grilling/doing for Memorial Day! Keep reading for the recipe sneak peek, articles, recipes I want to make, and music I’ve been loving.
RECIPE SNEEK PEAK
Next week, I’m posting a chicken & waffles recipe that both meat-lovers and vegetarians will love – I’m switching up the chicken for cauliflower! Thursday I’m posting an almond (with more almond) cookies recipe.
- How to Throw a Dinner Party from Grocery Store Ingredients. Because parties are great but sometimes hosting them is a pain. Some great tips in here!
- Homemade Doritos. WHY have I never tried these?? They are so easy and I can actually pronounce every ingredient (who knows what’s actually in real Doritos anyway).
- Modern Floral Monogram Wreath is so pretty!
FOOD I WANT TO MAKE
- Rustic Strawberry Almond Galette with Honey. I love galettes, their imperfections are what make them beautiful!
- Earl Grey Cake with Honey Mascarpone Frosting. So gorgeous, I love the look of a semi-bare edged cake.
- No-Bake Margarita Cheesecake. As the weather heats up, I’m loving any kind of no-bake recipes.
- Edible Floral Chocolate Bars. These are stunning! They would make a great gift.
- I’m making this Mexican Cheese Chowder for dinner this week!
- Banana Split Grilled Dessert Nachos look amazing!
- Lemon Berry Trifle is so beautiful, and it even uses homemade pound cake.
- Tiramisu cake almost looks too pretty to eat.
- Rainbow Rice Paper Rolls are healthy and fun.
- Everything Bagel Sandwiches. The perfect breakfast sandwich.
MUSIC I LOVE
The Sidekicks – Happiness Hours. As I mentioned last week this album came out Friday. A great pop album with catchy one-liners. My favorite lyric: “So if happiness comes in hours/Well it looks like it’s that time for me again.”