What a week. We got our first tease of summer in Ohio. It was in the 70’s a few days! It’s probably not going to last, but it was nice while it lasted!
I wasn’t sure what photo to use for this post, then I found these flowers growing in my backyard! They were too beautiful not to share.
Did anyone do anything fun for Cinco de Mayo!? I didn’t do anything super fun, but I did enjoy some Mexican food!
Keep reading for a recipe sneak peek, thoughts, recipes I love, and music I’ve been listening to on repeat.
RECIPE SNEAK PEEK
Next week I’ll be sharing an updated breakfast childhood classic & a fun variation of a tuna melt.
- Cast iron skillet. I’ve debated getting one for a while, but there’s so many brands! I’ve been seeing ads for Lodge and I’ve heard Staub is also a good brand. What’s your favorite?
- Weird Tricks to Get Dewy Skin. I’ve been searching for ways to have dewy skin that are more natural and don’t use additional makeup. I’m going to try the avocado oil!
- Did Drinking Give Me Breast Cancer? Wow, this was an informative article. It’s a long read, but I think it’s worth your time.
- With summer comes bugs and boy do I get tons of bug bites. I’m excited to try this natural bug repellent lotion.
RECIPES I LOVE
- Maybe these are just normal bagels, but these sesame encrusted bread rings look good to me.
- The Best French Bread Pizza Recipe. My brother and I grew up eating the frozen stuff, these look a zillion times better.
- I’ve always heard croissants are time consuming and if you go through all that effort, you might as well make Chocolate Croissants.
- My dad doesn’t cook often, but he does make a great Toad Egg in the Hole.
- I can’t stop staring at these Vegan Peanut Butter Tarts!
- You can never have too many hummus recipes. Add this Calabrian Chili Hummus to your collection.
- Sweet Potato Fries with Bacon Walnut Blue Cheese Dip. Everything about that recipe sounds amazing.
- Mexican Street Corn Loaded Fries…French fries, especially loaded fries, are my weakness.
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa is the PERFECT summer salsa!
- You’ve heard of cauliflower crust pizza, but how about Broccoli Crust Pizza..?
MUSIC I’M LISTENING TO