Welcome to another Coffee + Convo! Happy long weekend! Isn’t it great to know it’s Sunday and Monday’s Labor Day? What to you prefer for long weekends – Fridays off or Mondays off? I always liked having a Monday off…it makes Sunday more exciting and the week ahead is one day shorter.
I’m currently in Dayton, Ohio visiting my brother and celebrating my Dad’s birthday…it’s tomorrow, wahoo! I’ll be sure to share some photos of our ventures in next week’s post.
RECIPE SNEAK PEEK
I’m sharing the dessert I made for my Dad’s birthday (round 1 this week, next week I’m making another dessert paired with two of my Dad’s favorite flavors!) and I’ll also be sharing a comfort bowl with all the best late summer vegetables, perfect for those chilly nights!
- Science Says you Shouldn’t Sleep Next to Your Dog: Sorry, Baxter.
- 22 Cakes that Seemed Like a Good Idea: I laughed at some of these. It’s the thought that counts, right?
- 18 Strange Houseplants: I want them allll!
FOOD TO MAKE
- Italian pickled vegetables: spicy vinegary perfection.
- Super Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies: beautiful photography & I love any chocolate cookie
- Roasted Chicken Pita Wraps with Crispy Chickpeas and tzatziki: the perfect on-the-go lunch
- Polish Boy Sandwich: if you’ve never had a Polish Boy, you’re not a true Clevelander
- Strawberry Tiramisu: coffee & strawberry!? Sounds like the perfect combo! (you might need to translate this to English)
- Fried Olives: sounds like my dream food. Could you imagine stuffed fried olives!?
- Hot Chocolate Popovers: for breakfast or dinner?
- Peaches n Cream Coconut Crepes: The perfect light and fruity breakfast
- Hawaiian chicken fajitas: fajitias are the only things I order at Mexican restaurants
- Loaded Hummus: I’d be happy eating just this for dinner.
It’s spotify playlist time again! It always sneaks up on me, but here’s my favorite music from the month of August.