Welcome to another Coffee + Convo! I hope everyone is enjoying summer. Did anyone do anything fun for summer solstice on Thursday? I finally bought a tomato plant, I’m hoping I can keep it alive & safe from the deer.
Recipe Sneak Peek
Instead of articles, I’m sharing photos from my visit to Dayton last weekend. Enjoy.
Although I have yet to eat here, I love walking around…the design and decor is amazing! It’s called District Provisions, a European Neighborhood Market. Each room has a different theme, this room is Glasz Bleu Oven and serves Mediterranean food using local and organic ingredients.
Belle of Dayton – makes and sells different spirits.
Dayton has some awesome murals. These two are from Toxic Brew Co., brewing up the best local craft beers.
Branch & Bone – Another place I didn’t have time to try…next time! From what I’ve heard, they love pushing the boundaries on what people consider the ‘typical’ craft beer. Berliner with Ginger, Lime, and Butterfly Pea Blossom, anyone?
This is the neighborhood my brother lives in! It’s quaint, with unique houses, flowers, and they have a ton of these mini roundabouts.
I love this, these signs are placed in people’s front yards.
Recipes to Try
- Vegetable Galette: it’s made with a homemade pastry crust!
- Greek yogurt, honey & white chocolate mousse cake: looks like the perfect refreshing, summer cake.
- Roasted cherry cardamom ice cream: vegan and uses only 9 ingredients.
- Ultimate vegan buffalo cauliflower sandwich: yum, bring on the cauliflower.
- Beet-Cured Gravlax: these photos are stunning!
- Double Kale Salad with Creamy Pistachio Dressing: I’m dying to try the pistachio dressing.
- Baby bell pepper nachos: what a great idea, uses bell peppers instead of chips.
- Olive hummus pasta salad: awesome alternative to the mayo based pasta salad.
- Summertime rose tequila sangria: basically summer in a glass.
- Marinated grilled vegetables with avocado whipped feta: if this doesn’t make you want to eat vegetables, I’m not sure what will.
- Tofu wontons with yellow curry broth: a great switch on the normal curry type dish.
Culture Abuse – Bay Dream. Don’t judge a band by their name. This is the prefect summer album.