Thanks for stopping by for another Coffee + Convo. How was everyone’s weekend? And Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!!
I spent the weekend in Dayton, visiting my brother and exploring the city/eating way too much food. So, basically, the perfect weekend in my eyes. I’ll be sharing some photos of the trip next week! Dayton is a cool city, I’m excited to share them.
RECIPE SNEAK PEEK
- A cocktail party guide for beginners: The title says it all, some good tips in here.
- Avoiding meat and dairy is ‘single biggest way’ to reduce your impact on Earth: These numbers are insane. “The new research shows that without meat and dairy consumption, global farmland use could be reduced by more than 75% – an area equivalent to the US, China, European Union and Australia combined – and still feed the world.”
- Chef approved tips for organizing your kitchen: Who’s better to ask than a chef? I didn’t know stacking pans existed, but I want them now.
FOOD I CAN’T WAIT TO MAKE
- Easy Grilled Salmon Kebabs With Homemade Chimichurri Sauce: I’m trying to like salmon, this sounds like a good recipe.
- Chunky monkey banana nice cream: Dairy free and natural sugar. Hello to my new summer treat.
- Hot fudge brownie and double scooped ice cream sundae high hat cupcakes: This has been on my ‘to make’ list for a long time. Yum!
- Artichoke Fries: I love artichokes but breading them sounds even better!
- 20 Veggie Snacks for Feel-Good Munching: I’m loving the crispy baked chickpeas.
- Marinated grilled vegetables with avocado whipped feta: This so pretty! It would make a great party app.
- Easy warm roast cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa salad: 99% of the time, I have all these ingredients in my pantry. Might be my go to recipe.
- 26 manly vegan recipes: In honor of Father’s Day, maybe I can get my dad to eat more veggies. (worth a try…)
- Strawberry Pie with Strawberry Crust: A lot of pink going on here. Bring on the strawberries!
- Watermelon poke bowls: I LOVE this! I really thought it was tuna at first glance.
MUSIC / BOOKS
I’ve been trying to read more, and I’ve decided to make this a music and book section! First, the music…
- Wilco: My favorite albums are Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Summerteeth.
- Ted Leo & The Pharmacists: Some songs are rock, others more folky. Listen to Can’t Go Back once and I guarantee it’ll be stuck in your head all day.
- Paul Dempsey: Sticking with my love of Australian music, all these songs make me wish I could play guitar better.
Now the book…
- Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend: It’s hard to explain this book without making it sound childish as it’s written from the point of view of a 9-year old’s imaginary friend. There’s great characters, nostalgia, and suspense.