This week, like every week really, has flow by. I have a ton of new recipes I’ve been brainstorming and trying. I’m also trying to enjoy all the sunshine and rainless days!
RECIPE SNEEK PEAK
- I was saddened to hear the loss of Anthony Bourdain. He was a great leader and adventure seeker in the food world. To celebrate his life, check out What to Read, Watch, and Listen to by and about Anthony Bourdain.
- I’ve been trying to read more, and I’ll be using this list: 53 Books you Won’t be Able to Put Down. Do you read often? What’s your favorite book!?
- I saw this wood casting project on Pinterest and it looks awesome!
FOOD I’M DYING TO MAKE
- Pistachio rosewater cake. This is so beautiful!
- Roasted Carrot and Chickpea Pasta Salad with Avocado Dressing. Looks healthy & delicious.
- Baked Caked Alaska. I’ve been wanting to make a baked Alaska, I like that this recipe uses more cake than ice cream.
- Lime Thumbprint Cookies. Does it get more summer than lime? Really excited to try these! I love lemon thumbprints, but I’ve never tried lime.
- Sweet Potato Blondie Squares. Yum, so this counts as a serving as vegetables, right!?
- Beet Toast. These pictures are stunning!
- Avocado hummus raw flaxseed crackers. I love hummus. Sounds like a win, win with the addition of avocado.
- Toasted smore chocolate ice cream cups. It’s not summer if you don’t make at least one s’mores dessert! Plus this is frozen.
- Giant bourbon chocolate oatmeal raisin cookies. If you’re an oatmeal cookie hater (how could you) this might change your mind.
- Tomato ricotta phyllo tart. Gorgeous, I love the colors of varied tomatoes.
- Teddy Bear Pool Party. This would be adorable for a kid’s party!
MUSIC YOU NEED TO HEAR
- The Drew Thomson Foundation. A good storyteller and I always listen to this EP too many times in a row.
- Hotel Mira. Thanks to my brother for showing me this band! I stayed up late listening to them while writing last Thursday’s post.
- The Get Up Kids. This band has been around since the 90’s and just released a new EP. It’s just as good (and maybe better) than their older stuff.
- Get Bent. The type of music I picture when I think of ‘rock/punk’ music. Good stuff.