This week, like every week really, has flow by. I have a ton of new recipes I’ve been brainstorming and trying. I’m also trying to enjoy all the sunshine and rainless days!
RECIPE SNEEK PEAK
Next week on the blog, I’m making one of my favorite foods (and adding coconut to it) on Tuesday and on Thursday I have an exciting citrus cocktail planned!
- I was saddened to hear the loss of Anthony Bourdain. He was a great leader and adventure seeker in the food world. To celebrate his life, check out What to Read, Watch, and Listen to by and about Anthony Bourdain.
- I’ve been trying to read more, and I’ll be using this list: 53 Books you Won’t be Able to Put Down. Do you read often? What’s your favorite book!?
- I saw this wood casting project on Pinterest and it looks awesome!
FOOD I’M DYING TO MAKE
- Pistachio rosewater cake. This is so beautiful!
- Roasted Carrot and Chickpea Pasta Salad with Avocado Dressing. Looks healthy & delicious.
- Baked Caked Alaska. I’ve been wanting to make a baked Alaska, I like that this recipe uses more cake than ice cream.
- Lime Thumbprint Cookies. Does it get more summer than lime? Really excited to try these! I love lemon thumbprints, but I’ve never tried lime.
- Sweet Potato Blondie Squares. Yum, so this counts as a serving as vegetables, right!?
- Beet Toast. These pictures are stunning!
- Avocado hummus raw flaxseed crackers. I love hummus. Sounds like a win, win with the addition of avocado.
- Toasted smore chocolate ice cream cups. It’s not summer if you don’t make at least one s’mores dessert! Plus this is frozen.
- Giant bourbon chocolate oatmeal raisin cookies. If you’re an oatmeal cookie hater (how could you) this might change your mind.
- Tomato ricotta phyllo tart. Gorgeous, I love the colors of varied tomatoes.
- Teddy Bear Pool Party. This would be adorable for a kid’s party!
MUSIC YOU NEED TO HEAR
- The Drew Thomson Foundation. A good storyteller and I always listen to this EP too many times in a row.
- Hotel Mira. Thanks to my brother for showing me this band! I stayed up late listening to them while writing last Thursday’s post.
- The Get Up Kids. This band has been around since the 90’s and just released a new EP. It’s just as good (and maybe better) than their older stuff.
- Get Bent. The type of music I picture when I think of ‘rock/punk’ music. Good stuff.
Leave a Reply