Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/northcoasteats.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matcha/card.php on line 139
Chocolate and peanut butter….have you met a better combo??
There’s no shortage of peanut butter and chocolate recipes in the world, but you need this one. The chocolate and peanut butter flavor is subtle enough that both chocolate and peanut butter lovers will be happy. Not to mention, the blondie base is soft and chewy.
If you need a quick, 1-bowl dessert recipe look no further! The hardest part of the recipe is peeling all the peanut butter cups. (And make sure to peel a few extra to enjoy while the blondies cook.)
I debated throwing the peanut butter cups in chocolate brownies, but I thought it might be chocolate overload. I love a good chocolatey chocolate recipe, but sometimes my taste buds need a break. Instead, I settled for a good blondie.
It’s important to chop the peanut butter cups to evenly distribute them in the batter.
As for the additional chocolate chips, it’s optional but highly recommended. I used mini chocolate chips, but you could also use chocolate chunks. Or peanut butter chips!
My family are big fans of the peanut butter and chocolate combo. Some recipes in constant rotation for us include frozen chocolate peanut butter pie (at every party, ever), chocolate peanut butter blossoms (the classic holiday cookie), and chocolate peanut butter rice krispies treats.
Do you have a favorite peanut butter chocolate recipe?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
A soft and chewy blondie stuffed with chocolate peanut butter cups and chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, separated
- 18 miniature chocolate peanut butter cups, unwrapped & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, peanut butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add flour and gently stir until combined.
- Fold 1/2 cup chocolate chips into batter.
- Spread batter in baking pan. Pour chocolate peanut butter cups on batter and gently push them into the batter. Scatter batter with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake 15 - 23 minutes, until lightly golden or inserted toothpick has a few crumbs attached.
- Cool bars before cutting.
images & text © North Coast Eats
Adapted from Averie Cooks
This website really has all of the information and facts I wanted concerning this subject
and didn’t know who to ask.
I’m glad you found it helpful! If you ever have a question or comment concerning a recipe, the comment section is the prefect place to ask.
Online Sales Funnel
Hey there I am so thrilled I found your web
site, I really found you by error, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Nonetheless I am here
now and would just like to say many thanks for a
fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also
love the theme/design), I don’t have time
to browse it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS
feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more,
Please do keep up the excellent job.
Thank you for the kind words! I’m glad to know you enjoyed the site!