Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/northc99/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matcha/card.php on line 139
What’s the worst drink to order at a bar?
[This post is not sponsored or affiliated by LaCroix & all opinions are my own.]
(No, this isn’t the start to a bad joke.)
Mojitos aren’t ordered frequently, so it’s a good chance the bar doesn’t have the freshest mint. Obviously, it depends on the bar, but it’s a general rule to follow. Plus, I’m pretty sure the bartender might hate you if it’s a busy night. Think about all the extra time it takes to muddle everything.
But don’t worry, I’m saving you the trouble. Now you can make a mojito in the comfort of your own home! While this isn’t the most traditional mojito, it’s quick and flavorful.
Mojitos are usually served with club soda, but today we’re mixing it up with Blackberry Cucumber LaCroix!
I was debating between using the LaCroix or Simply Balanced at Target (cucumber mint flavor). Have you ever tried it? The Simply Balanced flavor combos sound so good I was tempted to buy them all! But I used self-discipline…
The steps for this drink are simple. First add the rum, cucumbers, mint, limes, and blackberries to a glass and muddle it. Then add some ice and top with LaCroix. Easy!
What’s your favorite flavor of sparkling water?
Blackberry Cucumber Mojito
|Prep:||Yield: 1 drink||Total:|
Quick & refreshing twist on an old classic! Fizzy Blackberry Cucumber LaCroix is added to rum, blackberries, cucumber, mint, and lime.
- 2 oz rum (I've also used whiskey or gin with success)
- 6 mint leaves, torn
- 3 thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 of a lime
- 4 blackberries
- crushed ice
- 1 can Blackberry Cucumber LaCroix sparkling water (or sparkling water of your choice)
- Garnish: thinly sliced cucumber, lime, blackberries (optional)
- In a drinking glass add rum, mint, cucumbers, lime, and blackberries
- Muddle 20-30 seconds until well crushed
- Add ice and sparkling water
- Top with additional garnishes, if desired
images & text © North Coast Eats
inspired by LaCroix